The main purpose of a convertible refrigerator is to convert it to a freezer and then back to the refrigerator as needed. We all know that the refrigerator is an integral part of the refrigerator. The temperature here should be in the range of 20 ° C to 50 ° C. The freezer is another important compartment where the temperature range is between -150°C and -230°C.
As we all know, the refrigerator has two parts or compartments, namely the freezer and the main refrigerator. However, the most commonly used area of the refrigerator is the main cooling area.
Even in winter, this part is not used much. So with a convertible fridge, you can store extra groceries in the freezer by turning it into a master fridge. It actually adjusts the freezer temperature to match the fridge temperature so you can store more of your food.
The conversion function is only available for double-door refrigerators and taller refrigerators.
There are many conversion modes that you can use in various situations such as:
- Normal mode: In this mode, both modules work as before.
- Vacation Mode: When you leave the house for a vacation, you can use this mode which allows you to easily store essential groceries. In sleep mode, the main refrigerator will be turned off and only the freezer will remain on but will function as a refrigerator. It also saves energy consumption.
- Party mode: In this mode, one can store his party items as needed and speed up the cooling stage to make ice cream or freeze drinks in less time.
- Seasonal mode: With the seasonal mode, you can adjust the room according to the outside temperature. Like Summers, you can use the fridge or drawer space to store more cold water. And in winter you can use your freezer compartment as a cooler.
- Convertible Refrigerator
- How do you convert refrigerator?
- 3 Best Convertible Refrigerators in India
- LG 260L 3 Star Smart Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Whirlpool 265 L 3 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Samsung 324L 3 Star Inverter fridge
- LG 437 L 2 Star Smart Inverter Frost-Free fridge
- Haier 258 L 2 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
There are more convertible modes on the market than the above-mentioned convertibles, but these are the most common. There are various modes offered by different brands of refrigerators.
How do you convert refrigerator?
- Renovating a refrigerator or freezer is a very simple and easy process. All you have to do is activate it by pressing a special button.
- However, it should always be remembered that the transformation process, ie. Switching from one mode to another can take some time – the reason is that the device is adaptable.
- Say you want to turn a freezer into a refrigerator. The same process took about an hour for the LG and about two hours for the Samsung.
Efficiency as a refrigerator or freezer:
In cold and freeze modes, most convertible modules provide reliable temperature control and are the most energy-efficient.
The self-defrost function on modern models is very effective, so this work does not have to be done manually. Appliances with convertible drawers or compartments have a modern look that makes it possible to add function and style to any kitchen.
However, the model that switches the whole set between modes has a simple white box design that shares the same functional style as most standalone freezers. They are less expensive than many freezers, but with adjustable shelves, pull-out drawers, and removable door shelves.
These convertible refrigerators are usually designed to be placed in the basement or garage for secondary food storage purposes.
3 Best Convertible Refrigerators in India
The advantage of using a convertible refrigerator is that you have plenty of storage space when you need it. In a two-door refrigerator, the freezer can be turned into a refrigerator when space is tight. The conversion function ensures optimum performance all year round by saving energy. If you’re looking to buy a convertible fridge, here are the best options on Amazon
LG 260L 3 Star Smart Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Smart Inverter Compressor
- Door Cooling+
- Multi Air Flow Cooling
- Smart Diagnosis
- Auto Smart Connect
- Stabilizer Free Operation
LG’s two-door refrigerator is frost-free, which prevents ice accumulation through automatic defrosting. Equipped with a smart inverter compressor that helps keep food fresh and saves energy while making operation quieter.
This is a convertible fridge that allows you to turn your freezer into a fridge if you need it. LG refrigerators can be operated without a stabilizer and can be automatically connected to the home inverter in the event of a power outage.
Whirlpool 265 L 3 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Frost-free refrigerator
- Energy Rating: 3 Star
- Convertible freezer with 5 in 1 modes
- Adaptive intelligence technology
- Intellisense inverter technology
The Whirlpool two-door refrigerator has a convertible freezer compartment with a 5-in-1 model. Depending on your needs, you can choose between year-round, cooking, dessert, party, and freezer modes.
Intellisense inverter technology adapts load to load and helps you save energy by optimizing performance. Whirlpool refrigerators have cleaners with moisture barrier technology that will keep fruits and vegetables fresh for up to 15 days.
Samsung 324L 3 Star Inverter fridge
- Fast freezing on demand
- Seasonal Mode
- 2x longer freshness
- Voltage Protection ( 100v to 300v )
- Smart Connect Inverter
Samsung refrigerators are equipped with Digital Inverter technology, which provides energy-efficient results. This refrigerator is equipped with Twin Cooling Plus technology which allows you to use the freezer in five modes as needed.
This ensures that you never run out of space and turns the freezer into extra space in the fridge. The Power Freeze function makes ice cream faster. Samsung refrigerators have sturdy glass shelves and large bottle guards that allow you to easily store large-capacity food and drinks.
LG 437 L 2 Star Smart Inverter Frost-Free fridge
- Double Twist Ice Tray
- MOIST ‘N’ FRESH
- 2L bottle Storage
- Toughened Glass Shelves
- Convertible Fridge
LG refrigerators are available with door cooling +, which provides increased cooling in the door area. The convertible function helps you get additional storage space if needed. Smart Inverter Compressor technology helps you get efficient performance with less noise. Comes with double ice cube trays so you can easily get ice with them. LG refrigerators are available with a capacity of 437L and are therefore suitable for large families.
Haier 258 L 2 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- 5-in-1 Convertible
- Stabilizer free operation
- 10 years warranty on the compressor
- Toughened glass shelves
Haier refrigerators feature dual inverter technology, which ensures optimal cooling and energy efficiency. With a 5-in-1 conversion mode that allows you to use the freezer as a refrigerator if needed. It comes with a large vegetable crate that is roomy enough to keep your fruits and vegetables fresh.
It has denser PUF insulation which helps keep the temperature low for a long time. Haier refrigerators have a sleek design that adds to the aesthetics of your home.
Conclusion: With a convertible fridge, you’ll never run out of space. They are definitely a smart choice for all your refrigerator needs. I hope this article illustrates your vision of convertible technology and its benefits. Choose from a wide variety of refrigerators from various brands.